april spending!!

Saskatoon

Sunday

A lot happened in April! I took a road trip with my wife and in-laws to Saskatoon for the long weekend, where we learned how to hoop dance at Wanuskewin Heritage Park! I also visited Calgary for work, and I caught a secret screening at the Calgary Underground Film Festival. Back in Edmonton, I celebrated a friend's engagement at a board game cafe and celebrated another friend's birthday at the WEM waterpark. I started making a deliberate effort to eat only healthy, high-quality whole foods, so my grocery bill is a lot bigger than previous months.

Here's my spending breakdown:


  • Board game cafe: $33.20
  • Swimming shorts: $25.10
  • Groceries: $301.80
  • Wine (gift): $16.05
  • Calgary Underground Film Festival: $11.39
  • Uber: $8.84
  • Saskatoon road trip: $66.19
  • Subtotal of variable spending: $462.57

  • Subtotal of fixed expenses (rent, insurance, utilities, interwebs, phone, and Netflix): $485


Grand total of all April expenses: $462.57 $485 = $947.57


failed my $700 challenge for the 2nd month in a row! Going to try to do better next month :)
_____
Wanna retire in your 30s? Read my 4-step guide on how to FIRE!

Comments