may spending

A road trip highlight: Found this light house in the middle of Saskatchewan!


Friday
May is my birthday month! To celebrate my 35th birthday, my wife bought me plane tickets to Vancouver for a week in June! In May, we also celebrated a friend's birthday at a board game cafe and celebrated my parents-in-law's 34th anniversary with dinner and ice cream. Lots to celebrate!! We also went on a road trip to Aquadeo, a resort village in Saskatchewan, with my wife's sister and mom (you won't see any expenses for this trip because I brought my own food, we stayed with a friend, and gas is a mystery—currently trying to find out who paid and what I owe haha). This month (and retroactively last month), you'll see higher grocery costs than usual because I realized that I eat a lot more of our groceries than my wife, so I'm taking on bigger proportion of the costs.

Here's my spending breakdown:


  • Groceries: $204.75
  • Wine (drinks with coworkers): $8.02
  • McHappy days: $1.37
  • Wine (gift): $16.05
  • Ice cream (my contribution to anniversary celebration): $23.98
  • Board game cafe (friend's birthday): $11.34
  • Restaurants and pubs: $19.53
  • Renew licence: 84.45
  • Subtotal of variable spending: $369.49

  • Subtotal of fixed expenses (rent, insurance, utilities, interwebs, phone, and Netflix): $485


Grand total of all May expenses: $369.49 $485 = $854.49


failed my $700 challenge for the 3rd month in a row haha! Thinking I should switch to an $800 challenge, which I would've won this month if I didn't have to renew my licence!
_____


Comments