june spending!

One of many delicious meals in Vancouver: a mushroom burger from Eternal Abundance Organic Cafe & Market!


Wednesday
Oops, it's already September, and I'm way behind on reporting my spending!!

Even though it's been 3 months, I'm still feeling the happiness effects from June! My wife and I spent a week in one of my fave cities: Vancouver! We saw some great musicians (Kimmortal! Chantal Kreviazuk!), hiked the Grouse Grind, and toured the WISH Drop-in Centre (they do amazing work!). I also took a fitness class (The Class by Taryn Toomey) that challenged my mind to transcend perceived limits!

Back at home, I played some tennis, celebrated Father's Day with my in-laws, attended a screening of a great doc, went to a couple festivals, and organized my work's summer picnic (complete with fun games)! 

Here's my spending breakdown:


  • Groceries: $73.44 (includes household items like a plunger and a phone charger)
  • Week-long Vancouver trip: $435.59 ($261.27 on accommodations, $94.07 on food, $46.50 on experiences—Grouse Grind and the Class, and $33.75 on transportation) 
  • Father's Day (gift and dinner): $45.33
  • Wine: $9.50
  • Restaurants: $20.55
  • Subtotal of variable spending: $584.41

  • Subtotal of fixed expenses (rent, insurance, utilities, interwebs, phone, and Netflix): $485


Grand total of all June expenses: $584.41 $485 = $1,069.41


failed my challenge for the 4th month in a row! Oops
_____



Comments